+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Study permit processing

Oct 3, 2023
Hello Community,

I want to understand the circumstances surrounding the too much delay in my study permit processing.

So, I applied for my study permit on 24th June 2023 and went ahead to do biometrics on 5th July 2023. I plan on doing medicals after the visa approval. Classes were scheduled to kick start on September 6th but since the visa was not approved, I deferred to the January 2024 winter semester. I immediately updated IRCC with the deferral letter and new admission letter. I have raised several webforms to my local visa office and IRCC international to update me but no response. The stipulated processing time has exceeded by a great deal of months, and I am quite disturbed.

More worrying is that I am on scholarship, and I am afraid I might lose my funding position. Can anyone give any suggestions.

Thank you, guys, for the audience.

Reactions: Johnibrahim16

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Community,

I want to understand the circumstances surrounding the too much delay in my study permit processing.

So, I applied for my study permit on 24th June 2023 and went ahead to do biometrics on 5th July 2023. I plan on doing medicals after the visa approval. Classes were scheduled to kick start on September 6th but since the visa was not approved, I deferred to the January 2024 winter semester. I immediately updated IRCC with the deferral letter and new admission letter. I have raised several webforms to my local visa office and IRCC international to update me but no response. The stipulated processing time has exceeded by a great deal of months, and I am quite disturbed.

More worrying is that I am on scholarship, and I am afraid I might lose my funding position. Can anyone give any suggestions.

Thank you, guys, for the audience.
There is nothing you can do. Processing times may be exceeded but IRCC states that applications are reviewed for most people in the timeframe. So it doesn’t mean you will get a response with the current timeframe. You waited late to apply the first time.

Webforms is all you can do. Has eligibility and background checks started or been completed? There are huge backlogs. Where are you applying from?

Oct 3, 2023
There is nothing you can do. Processing times may be exceeded but IRCC states that applications are reviewed for most people in the timeframe. So it doesn’t mean you will get a response with the current timeframe. You waited late to apply the first time.

Webforms is all you can do. Has eligibility and background checks started or been completed? There are huge backlogs. Where are you applying from?
Thank you Naturgrl for the response. I agree with you that I applied late initially but I spent some time gathering all relevant information and documents.

On my portal, the Eligibility reads "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" and the background checks reads "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information ".

I am applying from Ghana, Africa.

Reactions: oludeleokunola7

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you Naturgrl for the response. I agree with you that I applied late initially but I spent some time gathering all relevant information and documents.

On my portal, the Eligibility reads "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" and the background checks reads "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information ".

So your application has not started eligibility review, and in background check. You have some time to wait. You are applying from an African country where processing can be very long. Would not follow processing times.

Oct 3, 2023
So your application has not started eligibility review, and in background check. You have some time to wait. You are applying from an African country where processing can be very long. Would not follow processing times.
Okay, discouraging I must say but I would have to keep sending webforms. Thank you Naturgrl for the responses. I appreciate it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Would advise against sending more webforms. All webforms will do is bog down your file in the officer reading all the emails and not reviewing your file.

Reactions: Nathaniel Nani

Fizhér

Star Member
Oct 26, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra
Med's Request
06-11-2023
Med's Done....
10-11-2023
Passport Req..
29-11-2023

Bro, we share the same problem here.
I applied on July 21, 2023
Did biometric on July 24, 2023
I'm also applying from Ghana

Since then I've not heard from them again
It's been 3 months now since biometric.

Reactions: Johnibrahim16

Res Eduvie

Nov 20, 2023
Hello Community,

I want to the know the reason why there is delay in my study permit processing time.
I applied for Jan 6th 2024 admission , i have done my biometric since 29th of August 2023, but till now i haven't heard anything from IRCC concerning my application.
I'm a bit very worried and concerned here . I applied from Nigeria.
please help me guys. thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Community,

I want to the know the reason why there is delay in my study permit processing time.
I applied for Jan 6th 2024 admission , i have done my biometric since 29th of August 2023, but till now i haven't heard anything from IRCC concerning my application.
I'm a bit very worried and concerned here . I applied from Nigeria.
please help me guys. thanks
No one can tell you why but you are from Nigeria so processing takes longer. Has background and eligibillity started?

Res Eduvie

Nov 20, 2023
No one can tell you why but you are from Nigeria so processing takes longer. Has background and eligibillity started?
Yes its has started, it quote that
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
That's for background check

This is the quote for the final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes its has started, it quote that
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
That's for background check

This is the quote for the final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
So has not yet started eligibility. Background checks can take a long time depending on country of citizenship, where you have lived and verification of documents for authenticity (bank statements, passport)

Res Eduvie

Nov 20, 2023
So has not yet started eligibility. Background checks can take a long time depending on country of citizenship, where you have lived and verification of documents for authenticity (bank statements, passport)
Okay so all I have to do now is just to still wait ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok thank you very much. I also have one more question what do you advise with some one whose school doesn't offer PGWP to do and already gotten a visa to do ?
If you want to change schools and never studied at the school then you need to apply for a new study permit. If you have attended the school for at least one semester you can change schools to a public DLI.