+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed Work Permit after PNP

mdrahman

May 15, 2024
I am confused with some of the things and need urgent suggestions.
My PGWP expired last January. To maintained my status I applied for a closed work permit before the expiration date. As I didn’t have my PNP back then the application got refused and now I am on my 90 days restoration period. The employer I have been working for they tried to get me a LMIA. But fortunately last week I got my PNP nomination. Now I want to apply for a closed work permit again.
I am confused if my employer needs to submit a new application on the employer portal or the previous one will still work?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Y
I am confused with some of the things and need urgent suggestions.
My PGWP expired last January. To maintained my status I applied for a closed work permit before the expiration date. As I didn’t have my PNP back then the application got refused and now I am on my 90 days restoration period. The employer I have been working for they tried to get me a LMIA. But fortunately last week I got my PNP nomination. Now I want to apply for a closed work permit again.
I am confused if my employer needs to submit a new application on the employer portal or the previous one will still work?
Your employer should submit another job offer and pay $230 compliance fees and give you that job offer number.

Reactions: mdrahman