+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver visitor

aidada3

May 18, 2024
My aunt is handicap and flying to Canada from Israel. She has a caregiver who needs visa to enter Canada. what type of visa she has to apply? does she need an invitation from my aunts family? she will be in Canada two weeks to help my aunt and they will fly back together after.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My aunt is handicap and flying to Canada from Israel. She has a caregiver who needs visa to enter Canada. what type of visa she has to apply? does she need an invitation from my aunts family? she will be in Canada two weeks to help my aunt and they will fly back together after.
Visitor visa. Caregiver needs to show own funds to support visit, travel history and strong reasons to return. Invitation letter can be included but caregiver is not a family member so caregiver is coming as a visitor. Cannot be viewed as coming to work but visit for tourism purposes.

Is caregiver an Israeli citizen?

aidada3

May 18, 2024
Visitor visa. Caregiver needs to show own funds to support visit, travel history and strong reasons to return. Invitation letter can be included but caregiver is not a family member so caregiver is coming as a visitor. Cannot be viewed as coming to work but visit for tourism purposes.

Is caregiver an Israeli citizen?
caregiver is Moldovan citizen. So she can apply as a visitor and in the description of her visit specify that she comes to care for my aunt? and that they both are coming back to Israel after.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
caregiver is Moldovan citizen. So she can apply as a visitor and in the description of her visit specify that she comes to care for my aunt? and that they both are coming back to Israel after.
So she is coming to visit. If she mentions care for aunt that is considered work and illegal. She will need to show immigration papers that she has a long term visa to live and work in Israel. Given she is not applying from country of citizenship she has higher chance of refusal because doesn’t have ties to return. Does she have a spouse and child to show family ties to return? If so include that information. She should include a job letter with approved leave.

So she needs to include her own bank statements, ties to return (spouse/child, job letter with approved leave), travel history to UK, US, AUS or NZ.

aidada3

May 18, 2024
thank you so much. so best strategy is to apply for visitor visa and they will fly as friends together.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you so much. so best strategy is to apply for visitor visa and they will fly as friends together.
Application is not tied to employer. Applying as a tourist for tourism purpose so include a daily itinerary of planned activities.