+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong specialization in WES report. Is it a problem?

Peterkond

Feb 18, 2015
I have studied and worked more then 10 years as mechanical engineer (NOC job code 2132). I have PhD in engineering.
Specialization specified in my native Master’s diploma and transcripts is “Mining Equipment” and in my native Ph. D. diploma is “Mining Machinery” (it is equal to “Mining Equipment”). But WES gives me next evaluation report:

Major/specialization Mining Engineering
Canadian equivalency Earned doctorate (Ph.D.)

It's their mistake because I'm Ph.D. in engineering with specialization "Mining equipment" not " Mining Engineering".
Specialization Mining Engineering in my WES report is corresponded to mining engineer (NOC job code 2143).

So now I have WES report with "Earned doctorate (Ph.D.) in Mining Engineering" (NOC job code 2143) and official paper from my current employer from my motherhood with prooof of 10 years of work experience as mechanical engineer (NOC job code 2132). It's a problem really? Does this mistake have any influence on Express Entry success?

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peterkond said:
I have studied and worked more then 10 years as mechanical engineer (NOC job code 2132). I have PhD in engineering.
Specialization specified in my native Master's diploma and transcripts is “Mining Equipment” and in my native Ph. D. diploma is “Mining Machinery” (it is equal to “Mining Equipment”). But WES gives me next evaluation report:

Major/specialization Mining Engineering
Canadian equivalency Earned doctorate (Ph.D.)

It's their mistake because I'm Ph.D. in engineering with specialization "Mining equipment" not " Mining Engineering".
Specialization Mining Engineering in my WES report is corresponded to mining engineer (NOC job code 2143).

So now I have WES report with "Earned doctorate (Ph.D.) in Mining Engineering" (NOC job code 2143) and official paper from my current employer from my motherhood with prooof of 10 years of work experience as mechanical engineer (NOC job code 2132). It's a problem really? Does this mistake have any influence on Express Entry success?
Is it possible that they selected the nearest equivalency? I am sure they have a list of specialization and they might have selected the closest one? Did you write back to WES for clarification?

Peterkond

Feb 18, 2015
I wrote them, but they never reply. I obtained only auto messages that they received my mails. Did anyone get replies from WES on e-mail ever?
My opinion that they just did simple mistake, because my docs are clearly showing that I'm Mechanical Engineer, not Mining Engineer. Moreover, my wife have same Master's Diploma as mine (we studied in same universirty and did same Master's ). And in her WES report there is
Major/specialization Mining Equipment (NOT Mining Engineering)
Canadian equivalency Master's Degree

Shall I have problems with this stuff in Express Entry?

Peterkond

Feb 18, 2015
I have written to WES two emails and almost lost hope to receive answer.
But after week of silence WES send me message that they ready to review and check for mistakes my completed report.
I hope everything wil be fix for this time.