+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP-EXT for PGWP FIRST TIME

OmarG

Dec 30, 2022
Hi everyone,
Hope everything is going well
On 27th of December I applied for the first time for open work permit as a refugee who is waiting for a decision to be made and today 29th of December I got WP-EXT for PGWP saying :

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number U51471**** as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until April 27, 2023 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

Q1: As I read this is a Post Graduation Work Permit so why did they sent although I did not any degree after my high school and I applied for the open work permit

Q2: I never had a work permit before, so can I work with the WP-EXT for PGWP letter?