+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WP expired, Received ITA

chayank

Jul 24, 2024
Hello All,
Hope you're having a productive week, I am pretty much confused and would really appreciate any advise that would resolve my issue.
My PGWP expired in January '24 so we applied for a dummy WP extension because my score was 515, therefore hoped to receive ITA soon, however the WP extension was rejected in March and I did not have my ITA still. I finally restored my status to visitor's and stopped working. Now I have received my ITA and hoping to resume working, because my company has offered my same position back if I can return before August 5th.
Could anyone assist me as how to go about applying for a work permit, because at this moment I am unable to apply for BOWP being on Visitor status.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,
Hope you're having a productive week, I am pretty much confused and would really appreciate any advise that would resolve my issue.
My PGWP expired in January '24 so we applied for a dummy WP extension because my score was 515, therefore hoped to receive ITA soon, however the WP extension was rejected in March and I did not have my ITA still. I finally restored my status to visitor's and stopped working. Now I have received my ITA and hoping to resume working, because my company has offered my same position back if I can return before August 5th.
Could anyone assist me as how to go about applying for a work permit, because at this moment I am unable to apply for BOWP being on Visitor status.
Even if you have AOR, you are not eligible for a BOWP, as you cannot restore your status to worker. It must be within 90 days of expiry.

You can apply to restore your status if you

• apply within 90 days of losing your status
  • met the requirements for your stay (for example, you didn’t work illegally)
  • met all the conditions listed on your expired permit before it expired

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html