+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would the Father's visitor visa/supervisa be rejected if already applied under the Parents and Grandparents Program

UpbeatIndie

Jan 20, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I got an invitation and have applied for my Parents under the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program in October 2021
As the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship process can take more than 2 years to complete, I have applied for my Father's visitor visa to Canada in Dec 2021 using the new portal.
He has already travelled as a visitor to Canada 3 times between 2017 and 2019 (his older visitor visa has expired).

Do you feel that there is strong chance that his visitor visa would get rejected as he has an immigration application pending under the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program.
And if it gets rejected, should I apply for him under the Super Visa Category or would that get rejected as well?

Would the canada immigration authorities treat the Visitor Visa and Super Visa any differently, while a PR application is pending under the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program?

Many thanks for taking time to reply!

Best Wishes,
UpbeatIndie