+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would applying for restoration of status jeopardize my PR application?

yingying

Jun 6, 2019
Hi guys, I have learned so much here and wish I could have discovered this forum earlier.

My spouse is on work permit and I was on study permit. My study permit expired because I forgot to renew it and didn't apply for post-graduation work permit in time. I called IRCC and they suggested me to apply for restoration of status and PGWP at the same time. So I applied by paper, but haven't received any confirmation or message on the application yet. I am so worried that I submitted the wrong forms (cuz wasn't sure if I should apply for restoration as a worker or student). I posted a separate thread under the foreign worker section in this forum.

My question is whether application for restoration of status would jeopardize our PR application?
The following is our application info:
My spouse is the main applicant for PR (CEC-inland) with me being the dependant applicant.
AOR is June 17, 2018.
Via phone call with IRCC a few days ago, learned that eligibility passed, criminality and security in process. Agent on phone said everything looks normal with our file and she did not see any red flag.
Ordered GCMS notes; haven't received them.
Last night, there's an update in the online account. At first, I thought it was a ghost update, but then I found out the medical status changed from "you passed the medical exam" to "you do not need a medical exam".

Could anyone please shed some light on this? I'm so stressed... Thanks a lot!!