+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about spiteful in laws (immigration concerns)

Jack_Scarlett

Aug 25, 2013
Ontario Canada (as a visitor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have a little situation and I wanted to get some advice. I am engaged to a Canadian citizen, I'm from America. We are planning to get married soon. I am on a visitor extension until late December. I am worried because my fiance and I got into a spat with some of his family, who unfortunately happen to be rather spiteful and vindictive. One of them which has threatened to call immigration and make up a phoney story that I've been working or doing illegal things while here (Which is not true, I have followed every rule precisely since the day I have arrived.) I am genuinely worried and I do not know if i should notify immigration of the situation, or if that might stir up more trouble for myself. I am not certain if these in-laws will actually put through a false report, but I do not know what I should do. Has anyone any advice on what the wise course of action would be to protect myself? Thank you for your time and input.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont worry about it, Canada is too big of a country to actually chase one person just cause they had a family problem with some Canadian. As long as you have not committed any crime or done something unlawful, put your stress in cruise control and keep your fiance in full control

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
I don't know, OP, but I would think that CIC would certainly confront you of any issue and you could clear it up with them.
I would also think it is illegal for your in-laws to lie to CIC, so I doubt they would actually do this.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Dont worry as Newtone said as long as you havent done anything wrong then you will be fine. You would not be thrown out based on one person calling immigration, plus they would need to evidence that you had broken the law/conditions of visa before taking action against you.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
One is considered innocent until proven guilty.

Don't worry, to start an action against you the CIC and the CBCA will have to find the proof and evidence of your illegal actions or breaching the immigration law. If you are clean they won't do anything against you, just the opposite, they can start an action against your in-laws for misinformation.

Jack_Scarlett

Aug 25, 2013
Ontario Canada (as a visitor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats good! I feel a lot better now. My fiance even agrees, they cant do anything without proof, and they wouldn't find any as I have done nothing illegal as a visitor.Thank you all for the input and replies! :)