+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

World Education Services Education Credential Assessment

geetsehgal

Dec 21, 2021
Hello All,
My Credential assessment was awaited from WES but when I received it I was a startled to find out that my post graduation was reduced to a 1-year diploma as per Canadian education system. I did some research to find out more about the education system and when does a master's degree in India get reduced to a post graduate diploma in Canadian education system and found out some information about it all from IDP Education below.

https://www.idp.com/india/study-in-canada/education-system/

As is seen, the post graduate diploma is considered when the the post graduation is passed as a diploma from the institution without any research work undertaken. However, in case of my master's degree acquired, I submitted and passed the research thesis for it. It was a full time course for 2 years and all the requirements of enrolling and passing were met to have acquired a master's degree (by thesis). But there was no clarification whatsoever from the non-profit institution about whether my credentials be revised immediately and if not why ??

Anyone knows anything or can help, please extension.... Thanks

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello All,
My Credential assessment was awaited from WES but when I received it I was a startled to find out that my post graduation was reduced to a 1-year diploma as per Canadian education system. I did some research to find out more about the education system and when does a master's degree in India get reduced to a post graduate diploma in Canadian education system and found out some information about it all from IDP Education below.

https://www.idp.com/india/study-in-canada/education-system/

As is seen, the post graduate diploma is considered when the the post graduation is passed as a diploma from the institution without any research work undertaken. However, in case of my master's degree acquired, I submitted and passed the research thesis for it. It was a full time course for 2 years and all the requirements of enrolling and passing were met to have acquired a master's degree (by thesis). But there was no clarification whatsoever from the non-profit institution about whether my credentials be revised immediately and if not why ??

Anyone knows anything or can help, please extension.... Thanks
Mine was same also even I got same result for my thesis based Masters ' degree.

Reactions: geetsehgal