+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working with two employer parallel one in india and other in canada with closed work permit

vinithg

Sep 21, 2020
Hi,

i have a closed work permit and i came to Canada on 1st September 2020 but that time i am working with another employer back in india since remote working i continued it till 09 april 2021 and i worked for my employer in canada as well. Now i got invite . will it create any problem for my PR application

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
Hi,

i have a closed work permit and i came to Canada on 1st September 2020 but that time i am working with another employer back in india since remote working i continued it till 09 april 2021 and i worked for my employer in canada as well. Now i got invite . will it create any problem for my PR application
There is no law as such you cant work for multiple employer at the same time, so i don't think its illegal, but it might create problems in verification and documentation part. Given your situation if I were you, i will submit details only which i can easily prove and wont over complicate my application. because working in canada and india same time - no way going to help me in CRS points. Better show only canadian exp after you landed. You can add details personal history to clarify your parallel working if you think so.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

As long as the employer didn’t have offices in Canada and you declared the income on your Canadian taxes you should be fine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no law as such you cant work for multiple employer at the same time, so i don't think its illegal, but it might create problems in verification and documentation part. Given your situation if I were you, i will submit details only which i can easily prove and wont over complicate my application. because working in canada and india same time - no way going to help me in CRS points. Better show only canadian exp after you landed. You can add details personal history to clarify your parallel working if you think so.
Assume they will likely need proof from that they were employed from the Indian employer and lying is the worst thing you can do when it comes to IRCC.

Reactions: Srisundarcan

vinithg

Sep 21, 2020
Assume they will likely need proof from that they were employed from the Indian employer and lying is the worst thing you can do when it comes to IRCC.
Well i have proofs for everything like form16 payslips and every thing till 09 april 2021 so i just need clarity that should i altogether remove my india experience and place that in personal history or should i submit as it is now will all the proofs. my Indian employer has office in Canada but i worked for india office only and that clearly implies in my proofs as well

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well i have proofs for everything like form16 payslips and every thing till 09 april 2021 so i just need clarity that should i altogether remove my india experience and place that in personal history or should i submit as it is now will all the proofs. my Indian employer has office in Canada but i worked for india office only and that clearly implies in my proofs as well
If the employer had an office in Canada and you were on a closed work permit you couldn’t work from them from India. That would essentially allow people to bypass a Canadian work permit.