+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working visa shift to student visa

ashenne

Sep 11, 2013
hi, im a temporary foreign worker and my visa is expiring very soon, since the moratorium happened its so hard to get new lmo, i really want to stay here in canada so im thinking of getting student visa here and study for a year but i am also doubting about after studying if the immigration will give me off campus permit just like the ones who came here directly as student visa.. is there anyone here who has idea about it? pls i need some ideas i am really running out of time!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you will be able to work part time off campus for up to 20 hours per week if you are in a full time program.

However there are a few challenges you will face in getting a study permit. First of all you will have to be accepted by a school and time is running out to do this before January. Secondly, you will have to convince CIC that you are a genuine student, that you have strong ties to your home country, and that you are not just trying to use the study permit as a way of staying in Canada longer.

ashenne

Sep 11, 2013
my work permit will expired end of february so i dont think i can manage to process everything until january.i dont have any other choice and i an also thinking that even i got admission from school and finish the course and graduate after a year would, would the immigration give me off campus open work permit for a year..