+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Permit

micspatz

Oct 1, 2008
Hi

I am senior scientist - Genetic engineering, with more than 10 years experience. I wish to relocate and work in Vancouver BC and there are job offers (have already applied for some). However, priorities are given to permanent residents "It should be noted that this application is primarily targeted to Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada as initial support for this position will be sought from NSERC, although other outstanding applicants will be considered..."
How can I apply for working permit to be a good candidate for job applications?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everybody has to give priority to permanent residents. They can not get an LMO or work permit for a foreigner unless they show that they advertised and did not find anybody qualified. Apply anyway and if no PR or citizen applies who is qualified, then you are still a good candidate.

micspatz

Oct 1, 2008
Thanks.
Without any doubt priorities must be given to permanent residents, I just wants to increases my chances

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
If you get a job offer,contact me,I would be more then happy to arrange a letter of support from my Minister for the BC PNP for your employer.We need people like you in the province