+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working on Expired OCWP while applied for PGWP

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hello Guys, How you doing?

I really need you help.

I came to Canada as a international student and my study permit and OCWP(off campus work permit) expired on June 30, 2012. And I already applied for PGWP (Post graduation work permit) on June 11, 2012 i.e. I applied PGWP before expiring my study permit & OCWP. So i was on implied status after june 30, 2012 (Status expired). Then i start working on july 7,2012 (New job on implied status) and i got approval of PGWP on July 17, 2012.

I wanna ask you, I know i was on implied status and can continue working in Canada but during implied status can we start working with new employer ?

After research on this i just found this on CIC website

"If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph 186(u) and section 189 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation provides them the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions, pending a determination of their application for renewal, as long as they remain in Canada. This is referred as "implied status". The temporary foreign worker will have implied status until a decision is rendered by CIC.

But i am still confused about continue working or start working with new employer

Thanks a lot
"