+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Summer break and Changing DLI

usmankhan2121

Jan 5, 2023
I am starting to Study Bachelors in University for 1 semster (Jan to May). And then there is Official schedule break from May to September in which I can work. But My plan is to Change Dli to college in September 2023 Intake. And not to study 2nd semster in University and utilize the Break.
Can someone tell am I allow to utilise summer break and then change the dli.
Will there be any issue in PGWP

Myahudi Jr II

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Basically, there isn't any issue during your PGWP application; however, if you change DLI a new study permit application (Inside Canada) must be filed

usmankhan2121

Jan 5, 2023
Basically, there isn't any issue during your PGWP application; however, if you change DLI a new study permit application (Inside Canada) must be filed
If we change dli inside Canada then there is no need to file new study permit application. And we can also take gap of 150 days but can't work in that. If 150 days exceed them we need new status in Canada.
But in my scenario I have summer break luckily so dont need to take gap and will start in sept at college and will update ircc with new dli No.
Just I am confused that will this break count as scheduled break as University will autorized me this break but afterward before just 2 weeks of 2nd Semster I will inform University for refund and will ask for withdrawal.

mr.anonymous

Mar 30, 2023
I am starting to Study Bachelors in University for 1 semster (Jan to May). And then there is Official schedule break from May to September in which I can work. But My plan is to Change Dli to college in September 2023 Intake. And not to study 2nd semster in University and utilize the Break.
Can someone tell am I allow to utilise summer break and then change the dli.
Will there be any issue in PGWP
Have you got your answer yet?

Farjad

Dec 15, 2023
Hi !! I’m in the same problem. Could you please please kindly let me know if you were able to work in summers. You will be saving my life through your answer please