+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working-holiday program and work permit

fedone

Feb 22, 2011
Hello,
I have a question regarding the working holidays program and possible future working permit.
This is the situation:
I am applying for the working holidays program from Italy, so I will be allowed to look for a job in Canada once arrived.
My wish is to ask for a work permit once I get a job. To ask for a work permit or extend a work permit already issued you need a "labour market opinion" from HRSDC.
Question is: How hard is to get a labour market opinion? Can be hard to get a job and/or have a chance to apply for a work permit?

Please, give me some advices, I have a work in Italy and I have a family, so it is an important decision, Stay in Italy and wait for a possible skilled worker application, or move to Canada and apply from there after two years experience?

Many many thanks for the help you can give me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you find a good employer during your working holiday, he needs to apply for the LMO (labour market opinion) for you. If he gets it, then you can apply for a new work permit. To get the LMO, the employer has to prove that he advertised the job, no Canadian person or PR wanted the job or was qualified for the job and that he is paying market wage. Sometimes it is hard for employers to prove that so they may not want to bother apply for the LMO for you or they may apply for you and be denied. For a lot of people it works but nobody can say for sure if it will work for you.