+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working before obtaining completion letter for PGWP application

cmwmzl1127

May 1, 2015
Hello

I have a few kind of tricky question here.

I am currently on my internship and it ends in June 19th and I don't know when I will get my program completion letter.

I have a student visa until July 30th (extension applied to apply for PGWP)

My questions are:

1. My visa is issued before June 1st and I know that I can work full time off campus after June 1st even without the statement saying "may accept employment off campus". However, I wonder if this statement will show up in my new student visa (that I applied in April 26th in 2015)

2. I wonder if I am still considered as a "full time student" until I receive my completion letter and I can work full time until I receive the letter and apply for PGWP.

Thank you. I really appreciate your answers.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

cmwmzl1127 said:
Hello

I have a few kind of tricky question here.

I am currently on my internship and it ends in June 19th and I don't know when I will get my program completion letter.

I have a student visa until July 30th (extension applied to apply for PGWP)

My questions are:

1. My visa is issued before June 1st and I know that I can work full time off campus after June 1st even without the statement saying "may accept employment off campus". However, I wonder if this statement will show up in my new student visa (that I applied in April 26th in 2015)

2. I wonder if I am still considered as a "full time student" until I receive my completion letter and I can work full time until I receive the letter and apply for PGWP.

Thank you. I really appreciate your answers.

1. You can work full time (implied status) only if you have applied for PGWP.
2. You are a full time student until you receive a completion letter.

cmwmzl1127

May 1, 2015
Hello

Thank you very much for replying to my post

Just to confirm, does that mean that I can work full time during summer before I get my completion letter as I am a full time student?

Thank you

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
Hi there,I have quick question my brother coming to winnipeg as international student and he is doing bridging ESL program from red river college and someone told me that you can't work during this ESL program and he need to wait till his actual program to start to get work permit is that true because as per my info you can start working from day one when you come to canada as international students now days thanks

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

cmwmzl1127 said:
Hello

Thank you very much for replying to my post

Just to confirm, does that mean that I can work full time during summer before I get my completion letter as I am a full time student?

Thank you

Yes.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ri123 said:
Hi there,I have quick question my brother coming to winnipeg as international student and he is doing bridging ESL program from red river college and someone told me that you can't work during this ESL program and he need to wait till his actual program to start to get work permit is that true because as per my info you can start working from day one when you come to canada as international students now days thanks

You are not eligible to work at all if taking ESL course.