+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORKER VISA to STUDENT VISA

Suhgdeeyev

Nov 20, 2009
Hello,

I'm under a WORKER VISA and I'm interested in applying for a 1 year course in Canada. Can I apply to change my status from WORKER TO STUDENT if I enroll at a 1-2 year course?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Suhgdeeyev said:
Hello,

I'm under a WORKER VISA and I'm interested in applying for a 1 year course in Canada. Can I apply to change my status from WORKER TO STUDENT if I enroll at a 1-2 year course?

Thanks
Yes, if you can show proof of sufficient funds to pay the tuition and support yourself.

PMM

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
Hi PMM

In that situation, is the Work Permit (assuming an LMO based WP) still valid provided the Student Visa application is approved? i.e is it possible to combine the schooling and working with LMO based WP?

Thanks

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can only qualify under one of the two at the same time.

shosilie said:
Hi PMM

In that situation, is the Work Permit (assuming an LMO based WP) still valid provided the Student Visa application is approved? i.e is it possible to combine the schooling and working with LMO based WP?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI
Karlshammar said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can only qualify under one of the two at the same time.

shosilie said:
Hi PMM

Thanks
You can't either a worker or a student not both. (other than off-campus work permits)

PMM

Suhgdeeyev

Nov 20, 2009
Hi PMM,

thank you for your reply!

So I'd like to clarify a few more things.

So I can change my STATUS from WORKER(LMO based) TO STUDENT IF I enroll at a 1-2 year course, right? But if I enroll at a 6 month course, then I don't think I will be allowed to because a 6 month course doesn't need a STUDY PERMIT, and my WORK PERMIT prohibits me from attending any learning institute. Am I right?

So long as I show proof of funds & support, I can still change my STATUS from WORKER TO STUDENT if I enroll at a 1-2 year course, right?

Suhgdeeyev