+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permits after Graduation

Jan 31, 2019
Do you guys know about work permits while on a student visa?

If I took up a 6 month diploma with a 6 month co-op after that, will there be a chance that I get absorbed or hired into the company that I do the co-op in?

I was considering Arbutus College (Private school) for that. I would like to know your insights.

Much appreciated!

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018

If I took up a 6 month diploma with a 6 month co-op after that, will there be a chance that I get absorbed or hired into the company that I do the co-op in?

I was considering Arbutus College (Private school) for that. I would like to know your insights.

Much appreciated!
Kabayan, if you intend to work after graduation, stay away from private colleges. Only a few private colleges qualify for PGWP. Without this PGWP, the only way for a company to hire you is through LMIA which. is costly for the company.

Upon checking, Arbutus College is not eligible for PGWP:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

Reactions: GreenTeeLeaves

tarandeephanjra

Dec 5, 2018

Much appreciated!
Your college is not eligible for PGWP
But there a few chances that company give you close work permit (job offer) if you will have excellent skills and good acadamics because after graduation you will have 3 months to do these things

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Your college is not eligible for PGWP
But there a few chances that company give you close work permit (job offer) if you will have excellent skills and good acadamics because after graduation you will have 3 months to do these things
There may be a chance (but very remote). However, without PGWP, the only way for a company to give a job offer is through LMIA which takes longer than 3 months.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Bro he is saying that he gonna have 6 month co op as well which increases his chances of getting a job offer from company i think
With all due respect, if you will browse through this forum, quite a number of students are finding it hard to find co-op jobs. How much more for job offer after graduation? Even if OP have co-op, without a valid work permit after graduation, OP would be hard pressed to get a job offer.

tarandeephanjra

Dec 5, 2018
With all due respect, if you will browse through this forum, quite a number of students are finding it hard to find co-op jobs. How much more for job offer after graduation? Even if OP have co-op, without a valid work permit after graduation, OP would be hard pressed to get a job offer.
bro i said that before that there are a few chances of getting him work permit i mean very less chances
Now my personal suggestion to him is that he should go another college

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
bro i said that before that there are a few chances of getting him work permit i mean very less chances
Now my personal suggestion to him is that he should go another college
Yes, I do agree that there may be a chance, but thatchance is very remote. That’s all I’m saying bro.