+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit

Jul 3, 2024
My work permit expired a week ago, I just received AOR today and I am applying for my open work permit tomorrow, I was wondering I am I able to work while they process my open work permit?

Jul 3, 2024
But I already had a student permit then I actually applied for an open Work Permit then I applied for another post graduation Work Permit so in my knowledge, I don’t think that I can extend post graduation Work Permit so what are the other options?

r_a

Jan 22, 2024
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-02-2024
Med's Done....
13-04-2024
But I already had a student permit then I actually applied for an open Work Permit then I applied for another post graduation Work Permit so in my knowledge, I don’t think that I can extend post graduation Work Permit so what are the other options?
May be you're confused. The path to PGWP is you have an SP, you graduate and apply for PGWP. You work with it for couple of years. It is now no longer possible to extend PGWP. So far so good? Okay now your PGWP has expired. You applied for PR. You can apply for a BOWP and keep working while they process your application. That's true as well.

But since your PGWP has expired a week ago, your legal status is lost. You need to restore it first. Then once restored, you can apply for BOWP. (Even then sometime they won't approve it and just restore your status with a visitor record).

Otherwise you simply need to leave Canada and wait for your PR to be approved.