+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wORK PERMIT??

gordonvanxy

Oct 3, 2011
I got a question about my Open post-graduate work permit...

Can I register a company under this permit (Say start my own company, apply for business number and do some trade)? even if I am a temporary resident? ::)

Thanks,

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
gordonvanxy said:
I got a question about my Open post-graduate work permit...

Can I register a company under this permit (Say start my own company, apply for business number and do some trade)? even if I am a temporary resident? ::)

Thanks,
Consult a Lawyer . Law keeps changing . This website is owned by a good Lawyer. You can call or send e-mail for free. 8)

gordonvanxy

Oct 3, 2011
ashokcan ,Thanks for the reply.

I called the immigration office yesterday and they said the Open-work-permit allow me to work for any one... I just want to double check, cuz working for myself is one thing but open a company is another. It seems that all the departments are separate

I will try to send the E-mail.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
gordonvanxy said:
ashokcan ,Thanks for the reply.

I called the immigration office yesterday and they said the Open-work-permit allow me to work for any one... I just want to double check, cuz working for myself is one thing but open a company is another. It seems that all the departments are separate

I will try to send the E-mail.
You are absolutely right, working for some one and working for yourself . So in both cases different law applies .