+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit

Jul 27, 2023
Hello everyone,
This is Amanullah Babur, I have done telecommunication engineering and have eight years of experience in the field. currently, I am working remotely outside from Canada for a telecom firm based in Nova Scotia, Canada. It's been more than a year working with that firm as OSP design engineer (contractor). My question is that, what is suitable way for me to obtain work permit? Will my experience count? looking forward to answer. thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
This is Amanullah Babur, I have done telecommunication engineering and have eight years of experience in the field. currently, I am working remotely outside from Canada for a telecom firm based in Nova Scotia, Canada. It's been more than a year working with that firm as OSP design engineer (contractor). My question is that, what is suitable way for me to obtain work permit? Will my experience count? looking forward to answer. thanks
You need to secure a job offer from a Canadian employer and the employer needs to get an approved LMIA. Then you can apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
Ask your employer to apply for a LMIA. First, they will need to post your full-time job with salary that matches the NOC on Canadian job boards, and prove no Canadian or PR can do the job. There are other requirements that the employer must meet too. Get your ECA and IELTS done. Then you can apply for a closed work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
discuss with company but they are not willing to go for it, and I have to go for work permit by myself?
Not possible. You need the support of an employer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
discuss with company but they are not willing to go for it, and I have to go for work permit by myself?
Few employers are willing to go through the process. I am guessing you are paid less than what they would have to pay someone in Canada, and then add benefits/vacation etc.

So then a work permit is not an option unless you find another employer willing to go through the LMIA process. You cannot apply for a work permit without an employer. Or look into Express Entry if you want to immigrate.