+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit

Srivir

Oct 26, 2009
Hi all experts.

I m a indian Working in Gulf.

Currently working for a canadian company doing a project in gulf in Collaboration with a gulf company. But i m on a payroll of gulf company. recently candian company offered me a job to work in canada and they informed that they will be getting a work permit for me.

today i have received a mail from them stating that they have an approval for my work permit and asked me to forward only my passport scan copy.

in the same mail they have stated that i will able to get my work permit when i land in canada in 6 week from now.

company is registered in Alberta.

below are my questions.

1. is it possiable for my canadian employer to get me a workpermit with only my passport copy?
2. should i require to have a TRV stamped in my passport from canadian visa office in india.
3. do i have to undergo medical.

can anyone help out please.

Regards,
Sirvir

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Srivir said:
Hi all experts.

I m a indian Working in Gulf.

Currently working for a canadian company doing a project in gulf in Collaboration with a gulf company. But i m on a payroll of gulf company. recently candian company offered me a job to work in canada and they informed that they will be getting a work permit for me.

today i have received a mail from them stating that they have an approval for my work permit and asked me to forward only my passport scan copy.

in the same mail they have stated that i will able to get my work permit when i land in canada in 6 week from now.

company is registered in Alberta.

below are my questions.

1. is it possiable for my canadian employer to get me a workpermit with only my passport copy?
2. should i require to have a TRV stamped in my passport from canadian visa office in india.
3. do i have to undergo medical.

can anyone help out please.

Regards,
Sirvir
1. No, you have to apply for a TRV as well being an Indian citizen, and if the job is longer than 6 months you require a medical as well.
2. You have to apply for the work permit with a copy of the LMO.

PMM

Srivir

Oct 26, 2009
Hi PMM,

thanks a ton for your prompt reply

can you please let me how long it will take to process my work pemit and my medical in India.

regards,
Srivir

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Srivir said:
Hi PMM,

thanks a ton for your prompt reply

can you please let me how long it will take to process my work pemit and my medical in India.

regards,
Srivir
A minimum of 30 days according to Delhi's web site.

PMM