+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit

prmurthy

Aug 19, 2014
Hi

I tried for Permanent Resident Visa. But came to know i got 1 mark less than min.required due to age factor. Now exploring possibilities for work permit so that i can apply for PR after 12 months. Can I get job in Canada while still in India? Can anybody advise. One of the Immigration Attorney in Canada says he would assist me finding job in Canada and also subsequently file my PR papers with CIC (for a charge approx.US $ 3250). Can I go with such law firms? I am very much confused. Please advise.

prmurthy

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
prmurthy said:
Hi

I tried for Permanent Resident Visa. But came to know i got 1 mark less than min.required due to age factor. Now exploring possibilities for work permit so that i can apply for PR after 12 months. Can I get job in Canada while still in India? Can anybody advise. One of the Immigration Attorney in Canada says he would assist me finding job in Canada and also subsequently file my PR papers with CIC (for a charge approx.US $ 3250). Can I go with such law firms? I am very much confused. Please advise.

prmurthy
Getting Canadian work permit from India is very tough but not impossible. I guess you belong to high skilled category. If your skill is unique and there is a shortage of talent pool in Canada, then chances of employer sponsoring your work permit is high.

However, employer has to file some thing called LMIA after 4 weeks of efforts to find the talent in Canada (Citizen or PR).
In case, employer doesn't get local talent, LMIA has to be filed with service Canada by paying 1000$.

If LMIA is positive, then your are eligible to apply for work permit. LMIA processing time is 8 to 16 weeks. This doesn't include advertising time of 4 weeks before LMIA is launched.

By seeing your user account name, I understand you are from telugu speaking state in India. So, work permit will take around 1 to 4 months of processing time from India.

Although, I cannot tell whether you can go with this attorney or not, it is better you stay well aware of process involved.

Apart of that, what I can say is, I will not go with any such deal.
But, as you are negotiating, the final decision is yours.
I hope your story goes well.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prmurthy said:
One of the Immigration Attorney in Canada says he would assist me finding job in Canada and also subsequently file my PR papers with CIC (for a charge approx.US $ 3250). Can I go with such law firms? I am very much confused. Please advise.
Just keep in mind that:
- it is illegal in some Canadian provinces for foreign nationals to be charged a fee to find a job in Canada
- fees must be paid by the employer/company to the immigration consultant or lawyer
- you've already filed a PR application once by yourself – so it won’t be complicated to do it again after getting a job here. Consider what the lawyer can do in terms of value added services that you haven’t already done yourself. Hiring a lawyer doesn’t guarantee success. But if you feel that you overlooked something and could benefit from legal advice, then maybe the peace of mind is worth it.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. I am going to apply for low skilled temporary work permit from India. Can you please tell me if I need to show any funds ? if yes, how much do you think I need to show ? I have 5 lacs in Fixed desposit and around 1 lakh in my saving account. I do not have any property to show.