+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit

calamity

Jul 1, 2009
Hello - I've 14 years of experience and 8 years in training and development alone, thinking of immigrating to Canada for a while. But there a glitch I'm 36 and an undergraduate. I'm assuming this would bring down my score.

Was thinking would it advisable to come to Canada on visitor visa and then apply for work permit there?
I'm was an assistant training manager in of India's leading BPO until I got laid off, I also hold B1 class visa to usa which's valid till 2015.

Do share your thoughts, recommendations?

Oh! I'm Indian by origin.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to immigrate, check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp and see if you find something you qualify for. If you want to come and work temporarily, you will need a job offer and labour market opinion before you can apply for a work permit. Coming on a visit visa means you can look for jobs and do interviews but even if you find an employer willing to apply for a labour market opinion for you, it can easily takea a couple of months and there is no guarantee you will get it. Employer has to prove that he couldn't find any Canadians or PR's who wanted the job or were qualified.