+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit to PR

vini0987

Jan 12, 2024
Hi All,
I am international student with 2 masters from London(Ontario). I have an open work permit which will expire in June 2024. I am working as an insurance underwriter from March 2023 (full time) and also working as customer service manager @ Walmart for 2 years from Oct 2021. I am planning to apply for PR. Can I quote both my job experience for PR to get points? Will that be accepted. I would like to know what is the best way to get PR (under which class) and also how to maintain my status in Canada till I get my PR?

Note : I am unable to get experience letter from Walmart for the 2yr period of work done. But I have my payslips to prove that I had worked under walmart payroll. Any tips or tricks or help to get my experience letter from walmart would be highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,
I am international student with 2 masters from London(Ontario). I have an open work permit which will expire in June 2024. I am working as an insurance underwriter from March 2023 (full time) and also working as customer service manager @ Walmart for 2 years from Oct 2021. I am planning to apply for PR. Can I quote both my job experience for PR to get points? Will that be accepted. I would like to know what is the best way to get PR (under which class) and also how to maintain my status in Canada till I get my PR?

Note : I am unable to get experience letter from Walmart for the 2yr period of work done. But I have my payslips to prove that I had worked under walmart payroll. Any tips or tricks or help to get my experience letter from walmart would be highly appreciated.
You should be eligible for CEC. Read the requirements. Only one Masters counts for points. For Walmart, you need to prove that you did the job so payslips don’t prove that. Why will they not provide reference letter? If you have the job posting that may work with your salary matching the NOC. For underwriter, are you an employee (T4s) or working under contract/self employed?

To maintain status, a) if you get ITA before June with AOR then you can apply for bridge opening work permit , b) if you don’t get ITA before June you must stop working unless you get approved LMIA.