+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Support Letter(ON) & PR Application

Ranvir Moore

Feb 9, 2018
Hello Experts,
Please advise on the following...
- Got a Work Permit Support Letter from Ministry of Labour, Ontario Immigrant Nominee Division in February 2020; with a validity of 6 months(August). Also received Confirmation of Nomination from Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program with an expiry date of August 2020. The documents were to be used to apply for a work permit, but because of Covid the process wasn't initiated.

- In the meantime in May 2020, per discussion with the lawyer a PR application was filed.

- As the 6 month deadline is approaching this month, I will like to get an extension on the Work Permit Support Letter. And hopefully as the thing settle down with COVID over the next few months I can apply for my Work Permit and move in. But as per my lawyer, because we filed a PR application we cannot request another WP support letter or get an extension to get a WP.

Please advise if that it is correct. If so, is there a way around this? I will like to move in on a Work Permit rather than waiting outside Canada for completion of Permanent Residency process.

Please advise!!!

Thanks, RM