+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit stuck due to prolonged medical exams

Oct 15, 2023
Hi,
I moved to Canada on a company sponsored work permit. My two kids visas are also approved, however, my wife’s open permit is stuck due to medical for 8 months now. We applied from Pakistan and the medical board is in India.
They haven’t told us the reason why they are taking this long. No diagnostic or verdict yet and all they tell is that your wife has an existing medical condition.
They haven’t declared active TB and thats why no treatment has been started.
All they are doing is asking for repeated Xrays and CT scans. They refer the case to local pulmonologist in Pakistan, who is also of the opinion that my wife doesn’t hold any active infection and is fit for travel.
I have already approached my town MP in Canada and he has tried to inquire from medical board and they have told him that medical is pending.
What other ways can i take to expedite/close the issue and have the visa approved? Its been 8 months and we both are super stressed and my wife has to take care of two young kids in Pakistan and i have to live alone in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I moved to Canada on a company sponsored work permit. My two kids visas are also approved, however, my wife’s open permit is stuck due to medical for 8 months now. We applied from Pakistan and the medical board is in India.
They haven’t told us the reason why they are taking this long. No diagnostic or verdict yet and all they tell is that your wife has an existing medical condition.
They haven’t declared active TB and thats why no treatment has been started.
All they are doing is asking for repeated Xrays and CT scans. They refer the case to local pulmonologist in Pakistan, who is also of the opinion that my wife doesn’t hold any active infection and is fit for travel.
I have already approached my town MP in Canada and he has tried to inquire from medical board and they have told him that medical is pending.
What other ways can i take to expedite/close the issue and have the visa approved? Its been 8 months and we both are super stressed and my wife has to take care of two young kids in Pakistan and i have to live alone in Canada.
Suggest you try posting to the Foreign Workers section of the forum. Generally there's no way to expedite and you have to wait for the medical to be cleared.