+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit problem

OmarG

Dec 30, 2022
Hi everyone
Before 2 days I applied for my first work permit and it was open work permit but today I got a message in the portal saying:

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on December 27. 2022 _ (yyyy/mm/dd). Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number U51*712*** as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until April 27, 2023
or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

Q1 : I applied for open work permit so why they are sending me about postgraduate work permit

Q2 : In the letter they mentioned " Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number U51*712*** " which work permit they are talking about? Because I never had a work permit before

Thank you