+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit in in sprott shaw college

Navjot sharma

Dec 31, 2017
Hello sir,
I am Indian student applied for Canadian study visa in Sprott Shaw college in a well-reputed course LPN that is licensed practical nursing. I want to know that as Sprott Shaw college as Non- SPP college so will the college give us the Work Permit after the Diploma Program ends.:)
Is the college is a work-off campus????
Moreover, I want to know that the college offers us CO-OP so will it be continuing only during the course and what we will be doing after the program ends?????:)

Sincerely,
Navjot sharma

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is a private college and you will not be able to apply for a PGWP after you have finished your program. I wouls recommend that you need to go to a public college or university to get a PGWP.

Navjot sharma

Dec 31, 2017
Hello sir,
I am Indian student applied for Canadian study visa in Sprott Shaw college in a well-reputed course LPN that is licensed practical nursing. I want to know that as Sprott Shaw college as Non- SPP college so will the college give us the Work Permit after the Diploma Program ends.:)
Is the college is a work-off campus????
Moreover, I want to know that the college offers us CO-OP so will it be continuing only during the course and what we will be doing after the program ends?????:)

Sincerely,
Navjot sharma
This is a private college and you will not be able to apply for a PGWP after you have finished your program. I wouls recommend that you need to go to a public college or university to get a PGWP.
So what shall I do after my program coz I already have applied for this college and even paid the fees
Can I just after completing LPN pursue to RN without work Permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Based on my limited knowledge you need to do further studies to go from an LPN to an RN. You can apply for another student visa for the RN program and see if you receive a visa.

I'm not sure when you are planning on studying and whether it would be possible to switch to a public college and get a refund from Shaw but that is what I would suggest. That way you will qualify for a post graduate work permit (PGWP) after graduation.

Navjot sharma

Dec 31, 2017
Based on my limited knowledge you need to do further studies to go from an LPN to an RN. You can apply for another student visa for the RN program and see if you receive a visa.

I'm not sure when you are planning on studying and whether it would be possible to switch to a public college and get a refund from Shaw but that is what I would suggest. That way you will qualify for a post graduate work permit (PGWP) after graduation.
But what if I after completing my LPN then I will proceed towards RN which is a post graduation program(I will do LPN in shaw)in any university and then I will apply for work permit. Will it work???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
With an LPN you can do 2 years of university to become an RN. You would have to get accepted and get another student visa. Yes you should technically be able to get PGWP although the standard rules for PGWP applies. My understanding is that because your first degree does not qualify for PGWP it will be basically ignored and you will qualify based on your second degree.

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Can a spouse get work permit when one studies in private colleges like this Sprott Shaw college?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can a spouse get work permit when one studies in private colleges like this Sprott Shaw college?
A spouse is never guaranteed a work permit while their spouse is studying. With a private college would think your chances are very low. Would highly discourage studying at a private college for various reasons.

Reactions: h1b2pr