+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit for returnee

ariane97ph

Mar 1, 2011
can anyone tell me where to apply a work permit as a returnee with the same employer? i thought i can get a work permit from the port of entry but when i applied for a re-entry visa they told me to provide a valid work permit.....can anyone give me some info pls....tanx

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ariane97ph said:
can anyone tell me where to apply a work permit as a returnee with the same employer? i thought i can get a work permit from the port of entry but when i applied for a re-entry visa they told me to provide a valid work permit.....can anyone give me some info pls....tanx
You don't apply for the WP at the port of entry if you are not visa exempt. Do what the embassy is telling you to do. If approved, you will get the TRV as a worker and be issued a WP when you enter Canada. It's one application.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What do you mean by returnee with the same employer? Are you applying for another work permit? You can send the application for a new work permit to CPC Vegreville if you are already in Canada as a worker and your work permit not expired. You need a new LMO if you are not under the live in caregiver program else, you only need a new contract and a letter from your employer stating that they still need your services. If your work permit is expired, you may need to apply for a restoration of status together with your work permit application.

ariane97ph said:

ariane97ph

Mar 1, 2011
thank you so much for responding..
but the problem is----im here in my country of origin, my previous work permit and visa already expired, so i ask my employer to get another LMO coz i'll be needing it to apply a re-entry visa ...he got me a new LMO now and promoted me as a supervisor. someone told me i need to fill up an application form OUTSIDE CANADA but i dont know where to send it...i have my new contract, letter from my employer stating that he still need my services and start as a supervisor when i get back.

when i applied a re-entry visa here in my country they denied it and asking me to send them also a valid work permit coz i dont have anymore status in canada.

help me more pls....tanx a lot

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ariane97ph said:
thank you so much for responding..
but the problem is----im here in my country of origin, my previous work permit and visa already expired, so i ask my employer to get another LMO coz i'll be needing it to apply a re-entry visa ...he got me a new LMO now and promoted me as a supervisor. someone told me i need to fill up an application form OUTSIDE CANADA but i dont know where to send it...i have my new contract, letter from my employer stating that he still need my services and start as a supervisor when i get back.

when i applied a re-entry visa here in my country they denied it and asking me to send them also a valid work permit coz i dont have anymore status in canada.

help me more pls....tanx a lot
I'm going to assume you are in the Philippines. The instructions you need to follow are here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/working-travailler.aspx?lang=eng