+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit for Canada

Deep666

Sep 6, 2014
Hi,
I need some clarifications regarding Work permit for Canada.Currently I'm in India.
My company wants to send me to Canada for working at their Toronto location.
First of all I do have a Canadian work visa which was issued last year and valid till nov 2014.It was issued with respect to a project where I was suppose to travel to Alberta.For some reason I didnt travel.
Can I use the same Work visa to travel to Toronto before nov 14?

If I want to go for a new work visa for Ontario,what would be the time frame?

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello Deep666,

I am sure you can travel to Canada using your current visa but make sure if that work permit allow you to work for only any specific employer otherwise you have to apply for new work permit for the new employer.

Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

Deep666

Sep 6, 2014
Thanks Sonu!
I'm with same employer but this time I will be going to Toronto for a different project.
Also I didnt get work permit as Work permits are given at the port of entry.I didnt travel to Canada (alberta) with Work visa issued to me last year.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello Deep666,
I am sure if your employer is same then you can use your current visa and also can extend it when its going to expire before your working period.

Thanks

Deep666

Sep 6, 2014
So I can use the same work visa for a different client,whereas my employer remains the same?
Also the role and responsibilities for new client is same as before.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Yes you can use the same visa if the employer is same job and responsibilities doesn't matter but the same employer.