+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit extension

myrva

Nov 8, 2009
hi im myrva, im working as cashier..my work permit is about to expired on November 16, 2009... i already applied for an extension and my employer applied an E-LMO but it was refuse for the reason that there is no more labor shortage.. we received the result 4 days ago.. my questions are:
1. can we still apply for another LMO though my permit is expired, but i still have the extension?
2. what should we do the next time we apply for another E-LMO, so that it will not refuse again? could a recommendation letter from my employer stating that they still needs me help?
3. and how true that i could still stay for six more months after my 24 month period.?

tnxs

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
myrva said:
hi im myrva, im working as cashier..my work permit is about to expired on November 16, 2009... i already applied for an extension and my employer applied an E-LMO but it was refuse for the reason that there is no more labor shortage.. we received the result 4 days ago.. my questions are:
1. can we still apply for another LMO though my permit is expired, but i still have the extension?
2. what should we do the next time we apply for another E-LMO, so that it will not refuse again? could a recommendation letter from my employer stating that they still needs me help?
3. and how true that i could still stay for six more months after my 24 month period.?

tnxs
1/2. Your employer must show proof of advertisement of trying to recruit Canadian citizens or Permanent residents before he/she can submit an application for your LMO again.

3. You can stay legally in Canada for as long as your TRV or Work permit is still valid. If they are co-terminus, you can apply for a TRV as visitor and when granted, you can stay for 6 months or however length of time granted you.