+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension issues.

Jul 19, 2024
Hello, I'm desperately looking for any help or advice.
I'm a protected person waiting for the resolution on my PR status. I'm trying to apply for my work permit extension but the only valid ID I have is passport Wich is expired. What should I do? Could someone help me please

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello, I'm desperately looking for any help or advice.
I'm a protected person waiting for the resolution on my PR status. I'm trying to apply for my work permit extension but the only valid ID I have is passport Wich is expired. What should I do? Could someone help me please
Most provinces will issue you an ID card. You can use your refugee claimant document as Canada residence proof and bank statement as provincial residence proof to get an ID card from the province.
The scope of ID requirement is very broad in temporary residence especially in case of protected person so I'm positive they will accept the ID card.

Reactions: NataliaValentinaAna

Sarb jass

Jul 31, 2024
Hello, I just want to know that i applied my pswp by myself on 24 may but still didn’t receive and my husband open work permit will be expire on 30 September. Can I apply his extension on behalf of applied status work authorization letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PGWP? Are you currently working and can show 3 pay stubs? Why didn’t you apply for an extension when you apllied for PGWP?

Jill11

Jul 15, 2024
Hello,

I have applied for a student extension and spousal work permit extension together on 2nd May. We have to fly to India for my brother's wedding in the 2nd week of October. There is no update on our TRV. What happens if we fly to India while the TRV is in process? Also, in my college offer letter, the end of the program is 31st Dec 2024. Would I be able to re-enter Canada if i get my TRV stamped from India? Also, any idea on the processing time if we get it stamped from India

I appreciate any help you can provide.