+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit expiring in 4 Months!!!! Help!!

alizzzzz

Mar 12, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, I have found lots of useful info here, and hopefully I can contribute my own experiences later :)

I have few questions about extending my work permit (which is causing me stress in the last couple days!!!) Here's my current situation/background - I am holding a 3-year post-grad work permit and working for a full time job currently. Since the permit is expiring on 23rd July 2015, I had already applied Alberta Provincial Nominee programme back in September 2014, and had received a AOR letter from the government on 24th September through email.

I only found out while I was preparing my extension that I need either the Labour Market Impact Assessment done by my employer or AIPN certificate or a AOR from PR application to extend work permit, but I had none of the above done and my AINP is still precessing, does my AOR from AINP work for the extending my work permit?

My friend suggested me to apply for family sponsorship now since my fiance is canadian, to try to get the AOR letter within 3 months, so that I might still have 30 days to extend my visa..should I risk that?

Please advice!
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!