+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit expires in a couple of months,still waiting for the 2 nd AOR

sri198

Jun 9, 2015
My work permit expires on September 4 th,2015.

I received my ITA under the EE category and it has been more than a month since I submitted my documents. I still have nt received my 2 nd AOR .Without that I would not be able to apply for my BOWP.

Have a few questions

1)How long does it usually take to receive the 2nd AOR

2)Have heard a few friends talk about "Implied status". Would I be eligible to continue working if I have applied for my BOWP(assuming I receive my AOR) under the "implied status" category. Would I have to submit any documents to my current employer stating that.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Thanks

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
I am on the same boat,

PGWP expires end of August. I submitted my documents about a month ago, haven't received my 2nd AOR yet.

I haven't applied for BOWP yet, some suggested to wait and apply using paper based application. Hoping you will get 2nd AOR by then or your PR itself.

Not sure what to do at this point...

luck999

Apr 14, 2015
sri198 said:
My work permit expires on September 4 th,2015.

I received my ITA under the EE category and it has been more than a month since I submitted my documents. I still have nt received my 2 nd AOR .Without that I would not be able to apply for my BOWP.

Have a few questions

1)How long does it usually take to receive the 2nd AOR

2)Have heard a few friends talk about "Implied status". Would I be eligible to continue working if I have applied for my BOWP(assuming I receive my AOR) under the "implied status" category. Would I have to submit any documents to my current employer stating that.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Thanks
Any hope for 2nd aor anybody can answer..

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luck999 said:
Any hope for 2nd aor anybody can answer..
I don't know what happened to that OP, but only a few people have ever received a second AOR. In that position, I would apply for a BOWP with the first AOR - some people have been rejected that way, but some have been accepted. Right now, it is taking more than 100 days for CIC to decide open work permit applications, and during that time you can work on implied status. Hopefully, by the end of the hundred days, you would have PR as well and would no longer need the BOWP.

I went all the way through the process without ever seeing a second AOR, and so have many people.