+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work hours

navishetty58

Sep 6, 2016
I moved to canada (ONTARIO - Ottawa) as a student in jan 2017, and as we all know we are allowed to work only 20 hours. My course is for 1 year and i will move to Manitoba next year and apply for another course over there.

I want to know can i work more that 20 hours, like can i work full time as my college is in evening and one of my friend told me that if you have decided that you will move to manitoba, then you can work full time here, as your next visa will be issued with Manitoba province. And all my points will be zero. As i will start as fresh in Manitoba. I am confused if i work full time my hours will be reflected on my Sin number and it may create a issue in future or not.... kindly help..........

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
navishetty58 said:
I moved to canada (ONTARIO - Ottawa) as a student in jan 2017, and as we all know we are allowed to work only 20 hours. My course is for 1 year and i will move to Manitoba next year and apply for another course over there.

I want to know can i work more that 20 hours, like can i work full time as my college is in evening and one of my friend told me that if you have decided that you will move to manitoba, then you can work full time here, as your next visa will be issued with Manitoba province. And all my points will be zero. As i will start as fresh in Manitoba. I am confused if i work full time my hours will be reflected on my Sin number and it may create a issue in future or not.... kindly help..........
Don't listen to your friend - he doesn't know what he's talking about and will create problems for you. Study permits are issued federally - they are not issues by the provinces. There's no special visa issued by Manitoba.

It's illegal to work more than 20 hours per week while you are attending school. It's a violation of the terms of your study permit which means you can be removed from Canada. Yes - assume everything can be extremely easily tracked through your SIN. If you want a future in Canada, don't work illegally.