+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work history, education history, personal history?

jenzl

Apr 30, 2021
Hi All,
I recently received an ITA and I am working on my PR application. I've searched this forum for answers to these questions, but I am still nervous about making a mistake. Could anyone please let me know if my understanding below is correct for work history, education history, and personal history?
1. For work history, I am only claiming point for a previous job. My current job also shares the same NOC code, however, I do not want to let anyone know about my plan to move, and I have enough points from the previous job. In this case, is it okay that I only write down this previous job under work history and provide supportive document? Will IRCC reject my application because I do not provide letter for my current job that I list in personal history which also fits the same NOC code? Should I explain it in the LOE or no?
2. I have a PhD from the United States and WES recognized it as equivalent to Canadian PhD. From my understanding, I only need to list this degree under education history, and do not need to provide any diploma/transcripts/Wes report from my master's or bachelor's, even if they are listed in personal history. Is this correct?
Please let me know what you think. This is likely my only chance since my score is not very high.
Thanks a lot!
Jen

Last edited:

canadasj

Star Member
Sep 29, 2023
Hi @jenzl

• If you are removing any experience from your Work History:
    • Make sure you are still eligible based on Express Entry/PNP/any other program requirement
    • Provide a letter of explanation that you are not claiming points for the current job and the reason for it
    • Even though we don't need to provide any documentation proof for personal history, since you are deleting from Work history and only providing Personal history, it will be good to provide your employment-related documents (e.g. offer letter, payslips) in the letter of explanation (same pdf)
    • I have read on forums that people do remove work history records and show in personal history only

• You should only show the Education evaluated by WES for which you are claiming points (Ph.D. in your case), and all other education along with Ph.D. will be listed in personal history only. Though WES data is directly taken through the details we fill in the application, there is no harm in uploading the WES report along with your Ph.D. Degree. As far, as I know we don't need to provide any documentation for personal history.
    • If you want to be extra precautious, you can always include the Bachelor's and Master's Degrees along with a letter of explanation (same pdf) and mention that you are including those additionally though you had only got an evaluation done for the highest degree for which you have already provided Degree and WES certificate in relevant section of application.

Please note that these responses are based on my understanding and information from various forums and posts.

For any doubts or specific advice, it's always a good idea to consult with an immigration lawyer recommended by IRCC.

jenzl

Apr 30, 2021
Hi @jenzl

• If you are removing any experience from your Work History:
    • Make sure you are still eligible based on Express Entry/PNP/any other program requirement
    • Provide a letter of explanation that you are not claiming points for the current job and the reason for it
    • Even though we don't need to provide any documentation proof for personal history, since you are deleting from Work history and only providing Personal history, it will be good to provide your employment-related documents (e.g. offer letter, payslips) in the letter of explanation (same pdf)
    • I have read on forums that people do remove work history records and show in personal history only

• You should only show the Education evaluated by WES for which you are claiming points (Ph.D. in your case), and all other education along with Ph.D. will be listed in personal history only. Though WES data is directly taken through the details we fill in the application, there is no harm in uploading the WES report along with your Ph.D. Degree. As far, as I know we don't need to provide any documentation for personal history.
    • If you want to be extra precautious, you can always include the Bachelor's and Master's Degrees along with a letter of explanation (same pdf) and mention that you are including those additionally though you had only got an evaluation done for the highest degree for which you have already provided Degree and WES certificate in relevant section of application.

Please note that these responses are based on my understanding and information from various forums and posts.

For any doubts or specific advice, it's always a good idea to consult with an immigration lawyer recommended by IRCC.
Thank you very much for the response! In my case, I didn’t list my current job under work history when I got ITA, so it wasn’t removed from that section post-ITA. Do you think I still need a LOE? Or is it excessive? Also, where do I upload LOE? Is it supposed to be on the same page as required supportive documents?

canadasj

Star Member
Sep 29, 2023
Hi @jenzl

I guess in that case there should not be a need to provide LOE. Just providing up-to-date personal history including the job for which you have not claimed points should be fine. IRCC doesn't ask for supporting documents for personal history - unless you want to provide them due to any reason in LOE.

In the optional document section, you will observe Client Information - This is where you upload a letter of explanation and any supporting document as a single PDF file. A letter of explanation can cover multiple points (if applicable).

I would recommend consulting any reputed IRCC-approved immigration lawyer along with all the questions you have for your application or any document you want them to quickly review e.g. LOE. Spending money for 30/60 min. consultation is worth it even if you get similar feedback. You will receive professional feedback for an important application in your life!

jenzl

Apr 30, 2021
Hi @jenzl

I guess in that case there should not be a need to provide LOE. Just providing up-to-date personal history including the job for which you have not claimed points should be fine. IRCC doesn't ask for supporting documents for personal history - unless you want to provide them due to any reason in LOE.

In the optional document section, you will observe Client Information - This is where you upload a letter of explanation and any supporting document as a single PDF file. A letter of explanation can cover multiple points (if applicable).

I would recommend consulting any reputed IRCC-approved immigration lawyer along with all the questions you have for your application or any document you want them to quickly review e.g. LOE. Spending money for 30/60 min. consultation is worth it even if you get similar feedback. You will receive professional feedback for an important application in your life!
Thank you for your response!

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Thank you for your response!
Hello. Just wondering if you were able to get your PR without any issue as i am having the same issue.

I have submitted my express entry application for PR. My foreign work experience is comprised of 4 different job out of which i have all the letters and supporting documents for only the most recent one, i worked the job for 18 months. Now in the application i mentioned all the 4 ones, and i have been told that i should have mentioned it only in the personal history but not in the work experience as my points are already high. Should i raise a webform and let IRCC know to consider only my most recent job and disregard the other ones.

jenzl

Apr 30, 2021
My PR application was approved. I only wrote down the work experience I claimed points for, the other job went into personal history.

Hello. Just wondering if you were able to get your PR without any issue as i am having the same issue.

I have submitted my express entry application for PR. My foreign work experience is comprised of 4 different job out of which i have all the letters and supporting documents for only the most recent one, i worked the job for 18 months. Now in the application i mentioned all the 4 ones, and i have been told that i should have mentioned it only in the personal history but not in the work experience as my points are already high. Should i raise a webform and let IRCC know to consider only my most recent job and disregard the other ones.