+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work History change post ITA

nileshagarwal

Jun 28, 2023
Hi,

I've received an ITA under the Express Entry FSW Transport Occupations draw. in the EOI, I had mentioned all my work history which included working in HR for 3 1/2 years following which I worked in a transportation organisation for a little more than three years.

My question is whether I should include the entire work experience in my work history or should I only include the transportation specific work experience here and move the rest of the experience in my personal history column.

I am thinking of this since my previous experience is not related to the NOC code that I have claimed points for and I don’t want to cause any confusion or issues arising out of this career change.

Please share your inputs on this.

Last edited:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi,

I've received an ITA under the Express Entry FSW Transport Occupations draw. in the EOI, I had mentioned all my work history which included working in HR for 3 1/2 years following which I worked in a transportation organisation for a little more than three years.

My question is whether I should include the entire work experience in my work history or should I only include the transportation specific work experience here and move the rest of the experience in my personal history column.

I am thinking of this since my previous experience is not related to the NOC code that I have claimed points for and I don’t want to cause any confusion or issues arising out of this career change.

Please share your inputs on this.
Hi,

Certainly, you can make any modifications in your profile even after the ITA as long as the profile score remains unaffected and above the draw cut-off. However, any changes being made at this stage need to be supported with a strong and valid justification.

Besides, it's completely fine if you hold additional work experience in other occupations too. If it's mentioned in the Work History then surely you need to provide a set of document proofs for whatever is being claimed in the work section. But, moving it to the Personal History would require less proofs.