+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience

Feb 8, 2022
Hi All,
I have work experience of over 6 years of which 4 years is after my graduation and 2 years before my graduation. My immigration consultancy told me I am not eligible for Express Entry as I have only 66 Express Entry points (considering 4 years of experience) but I created my Express entry profile on the Canada.ca website and my profile has been submitted. I showed an experience of 6 years. Now I am awaiting for approval from IRCC to approve my Express Entry profile, but according to my immigration consultancy, it will get rejected as they will only consider 4 years of work experience after my graduation. I am confused if they are guiding my correctly or no.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thankyou!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,
I have work experience of over 6 years of which 4 years is after my graduation and 2 years before my graduation. My immigration consultancy told me I am not eligible for Express Entry as I have only 66 Express Entry points (considering 4 years of experience) but I created my Express entry profile on the Canada.ca website and my profile has been submitted. I showed an experience of 6 years. Now I am awaiting for approval from IRCC to approve my Express Entry profile, but according to my immigration consultancy, it will get rejected as they will only consider 4 years of work experience after my graduation. I am confused if they are guiding my correctly or no.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thankyou!
You can count experience before graduation if skilled - NOC A, B or 0. Need employment letters to prove work.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
After calculating my CRS scores on Express Entry Profile, I got 365 CRS scores.
You need to look at increasing your score. For EE, you want 470+ and most likely over 480. Only option is Alberta for PNP if they select your NOC and score. Everyone is hoping to be nominated from Alberta because EE scores are so high.

Feb 8, 2022
You need to look at increasing your score. For EE, you want 470+ and most likely over 480. Only option is Alberta for PNP if they select your NOC and score. Everyone is hoping to be nominated from Alberta because EE scores are so high.
I know, I agree for now I am just aiming to get my Express Entry profile approved by the IRCC. That's my only worry. If that works for out well then I can apply for PNP nominations.