+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience

Anum Iftikhar

Sep 21, 2019
Hi guys.
i have 3 years and 9 months experience in my current job under one NOC. Previously, i had worked for a bank in another NOC for 11 months and 20 days. I don't want to claim points for my previous job experience, as i will have to get the experience letter matching my NOC, which will be time consuming.
I have three questions:
1. Can i claim points for both jobs (if i do get the experience letter from my previous job) as both have different NOCs? if i claim points for both my job experience would be 4 yrs and 9 months.
2. Can i write 4 years in job experience section if i only claim points for my current job (as my job experience is 3 years and 9 months and i will be creating the profile in the start of October) or should i mention it as 3 years?
3. How recent should the experience letter be? I have Experience letter from my current employer that i got made in June 2019. Should i get the experience letter again after i get ITA as i hope to get ITA in the next draw as my CRS is around around 465-470?
Thanks

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hi guys.
i have 3 years and 9 months experience in my current job under one NOC. Previously, i had worked for a bank in another NOC for 11 months and 20 days. I don't want to claim points for my previous job experience, as i will have to get the experience letter matching my NOC, which will be time consuming.
I have three questions:
1. Can i claim points for both jobs (if i do get the experience letter from my previous job) as both have different NOCs? if i claim points for both my job experience would be 4 yrs and 9 months.
2. Can i write 4 years in job experience section if i only claim points for my current job (as my job experience is 3 years and 9 months and i will be creating the profile in the start of October) or should i mention it as 3 years?
3. How recent should the experience letter be? I have Experience letter from my current employer that i got made in June 2019. Should i get the experience letter again after i get ITA as i hope to get ITA in the next draw as my CRS is around around 465-470?
Thanks
Hi,
1. Maximum points for work experience outside Canada is 3 years. Your current job experience ( 3 years and 9 months) will be sufficient, provided it lies under NOC O,A or B.
2. Mention your current job under Work history (3 years and 9 months), remaining all others you must add in your personal history section after ITA. In this way you will only claim points for current job and will have to provide reference letter for this job only.
3. For current job, get it as close as possible to your ITA date.

Reactions: Wbr90

VishalPK

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,
1. Maximum points for work experience outside Canada is 3 years. Your current job experience ( 3 years and 9 months) will be sufficient, provided it lies under NOC O,A or B.
2. Mention your current job under Work history (3 years and 9 months), remaining all others you must add in your personal history section after ITA. In this way you will only claim points for current job and will have to provide reference letter for this job only.
3. For current job, get it as close as possible to your ITA date.
Hi,

Does this mean that any experience beyond 3 years doesn't fetch any extra points/marks towards the score?
If this is the case, I'd like also just to declare my current experience of 3 yrs 2 months to make it easier to arrange for Referral letter from 1 employer.

Thanks a lot for your response...

Wanny90

Sep 24, 2019
South Korea
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-01-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2020
Hi,

Does this mean that any experience beyond 3 years doesn't fetch any extra points/marks towards the score?
If this is the case, I'd like also just to declare my current experience of 3 yrs 2 months to make it easier to arrange for Referral letter from 1 employer.

Thanks a lot for your response...
Yes, any offshore experience beyond 3 years does not fetch any extra points, but if you mention 4 years of experience, you will have to show proof for 4 years.

Mike Jimmy

Nov 14, 2019
Hello, I need your help and guidance. I have submitted my EE profile and stand at 470 CRS score. I am working with a private company based in Islamabad, Pakistan. I have joined the organization in September 2015 and till February 2018 my salary was in cash. After that they started transferring salary in bank account till date. I am currently employed at the same company.
I have not been promoted to higher ranks neither my JDs changed in the organization. However, my salary kept on increasing with regular increments. Can you please guide me on the format of work experience letter? Also please tell me what else would be required to show proof of employment. I can show my all salary slips till date as well as bank account statements from Feb 2018 onward. Would that be sufficient to satisfy about my job experience? Or is there anything else that would be required?
I would be grateful for your kind help.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hello, I need your help and guidance. I have submitted my EE profile and stand at 470 CRS score. I am working with a private company based in Islamabad, Pakistan. I have joined the organization in September 2015 and till February 2018 my salary was in cash. After that they started transferring salary in bank account till date. I am currently employed at the same company.
I have not been promoted to higher ranks neither my JDs changed in the organization. However, my salary kept on increasing with regular increments. Can you please guide me on the format of work experience letter? Also please tell me what else would be required to show proof of employment. I can show my all salary slips till date as well as bank account statements from Feb 2018 onward. Would that be sufficient to satisfy about my job experience? Or is there anything else that would be required?
I would be grateful for your kind help.
Hi,

Just get a reference letter made on your company letterhead, signed by either HR manager or your HOD.
In the reference letter make sure to add your full name, designation, joining date and end date (currently working if still working there), work hours per week, duties and responsibilities, salary and should mention the contact number and email address of the person signing the reference letter.
If you submit the reference letter as per cic guideline, you will not have to submit any pay stubs or bank account statements showing salary deposit.
I have covered most of it, just read the cic guidelines once more on CIC website.

Mike Jimmy

Nov 14, 2019
Hi,

Just get a reference letter made on your company letterhead, signed by either HR manager or your HOD.
In the reference letter make sure to add your full name, designation, joining date and end date (currently working if still working there), work hours per week, duties and responsibilities, salary and should mention the contact number and email address of the person signing the reference letter.
If you submit the reference letter as per cic guideline, you will not have to submit any pay stubs or bank account statements showing salary deposit.
I have covered most of it, just read the cic guidelines once more on CIC website.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Is there any specific format for reference letter or i can draft one considering to include all the requirements mentioned on CIC website?

daraz

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

Hi Fahad, I'd really appreciate if you would take a look at my thread too:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ee-work-experience.665995/#post-8332466
All the best