+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience without work permit (outside Canada) , does it count?

matildameli

Sep 17, 2018
please, help me.. I have a Master Degree, Ielts band 8 and 2 years working experience, which put me in a very good place according to CRC. But, the work experience I have it while being in China not in a work permit. First I had a business visa the first year and a student visa the second year ( I was learning Chinese in a language school on evenings). As a proof for my working experience I have a reference letter, tax reports, and also bank salary slips... Any insight would be greatly appreciated..

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
You'll be fine. As long as you have documents to prove your experience was paid and the job responsibilities match your chosen NOC.

IRCC might contact your employer to confirm your experience but other than that they won't care about your visa status during that time. Other countries don't have the same restrictions to foreign workers that Canada does and they know that.

matildameli

Sep 17, 2018
I will apply on December 28 and based on my points, I will get an ITA. Please if there's anybody else that can give some advice on this..