+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience related

HBL777

Apr 13, 2018
hi guys, I need help please.

I'm currently in Australia on a student visa and planning to apply for fsw, I work in a restaurant for more than 3 years now as Part time/casual kitchen assistant. My job title is kitchen assistant which I think doesn't fall on the NOC B, but my work is similar, if not exactly, with the role of cook. my employer doesn't want to give me that position because it would mean increase in pay rate. I have diploma in Culinary Arts, had paid internship as a cook in US for 1 year and work in few restaurants after to support my profession. Question: is there a way that my employer can make a document declaring I am a cook and discussing about my role as a cook but due to my work limits and rights in Australia he is only paying me as Kitchen Assistant? On my payslip the pay rate falls on the category of a kitchen assistant. Would that be possible? Because I understand that I need 1 year experience full time or 2 years part time and I am trying not to do that again because as my visa conditions in Australia I cannot work full time, so that would mean I have to wait for another 2 years to gain experience as a cook. Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your duties/responsibilities fit the NOC of a cook then you're fine. Your job title is irrelevant.

Reactions: HBL777