+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience question- leave details

Rahulforya

May 21, 2017
Hi All,

Do we need to post leave details in the work experience section?
Our reference letters from employers are not including these leaves as the leaves are part of the employment.

For 1st job my wife took a leave for 3 months( 1 month accumulated paid leave and 2 months unpaid leave) to visit me in United States.

For 2nd job, she took leave for 2 months during child birth(2 weeks accumulated paid leave and 6 weeks unpaid leave).

Please let us know if we need to add those details in a LOE. Without these leaves also, her total experience is coming as 37 months( 1 month more than 3 years).

Any help/suggesstions is greatly appreciated.

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
I took 5-6 month unpaid from a full-time US position. This was clearly mentioned in the experience letter as "xyz was on unpaid leave from dd/mm//yy to dd/mm/yy".

Leave of Absence or FMLA which lasts weeks and months or even years in govt jobs is different from normal employment leave for vacations or sick time.

In your case, to be frank it might not even matter but I didn't want any gaps for CIC to ask me explanations and delay the process, because CIC officers compare the job letter dates with address history and travel history. If you claimed to be working at some company while spending several months in a different country it can raise questions. BUT, as we all know, people can be living and working remotely and leave is part of employment.

You won't lose any points by clearly mentioning it, but if you have issues in getting a letter clearly stating the leave dates. Just go ahead and submit what you have. 99% chance, they won't care and won't ask explanations.

Reactions: Rahulforya

Rahulforya

May 21, 2017
I took 5-6 month unpaid from a full-time US position. This was clearly mentioned in the experience letter as "xyz was on unpaid leave from dd/mm//yy to dd/mm/yy".

Leave of Absence or FMLA which lasts weeks and months or even years in govt jobs is different from normal employment leave for vacations or sick time.

In your case, to be frank it might not even matter but I didn't want any gaps for CIC to ask me explanations and delay the process, because CIC officers compare the job letter dates with address history and travel history. If you claimed to be working at some company while spending several months in a different country it can raise questions. BUT, as we all know, people can be living and working remotely and leave is part of employment.

You won't lose any points by clearly mentioning it, but if you have issues in getting a letter clearly stating the leave dates. Just go ahead and submit what you have. 99% chance, they won't care and won't ask explanations.
Since we don't have any mention of the leaves in the employment letters, will it cause confusion to CIC if we mention it in our LOE? We will not be able to collect any documentation for the leaves.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Since we don't have any mention of the leaves in the employment letters, will it cause confusion to CIC if we mention it in our LOE? We will not be able to collect any documentation for the leaves.
I don't think so. When you're on leave you're still employed, like we have her 3 weeks of annual leave, I didn't even think of mentioning that.