+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience proof

VIKAKUMA22

Mar 8, 2009
I have applied under 0213. My designation is information technology analyst although I have same responsibilities as IT manager. My company HR don't write responsibilities on the experience certificate.
So I aproached a lawyer only for work experience proof. He said he will prepare a statement for that. I am not sure if he is going to do that on his law firm letterpad. I need to confirm that.
But my question is, Is it Ok to do it that way. Everything else is done by me. and only work experience part is done by the lawyer.
Will that be fine. Pls help.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
How does your lawyer know what responsibilities you have?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
The below is just my opinion.

The purpose of the employer letter is to prove your duties through your manager otherwise we could all write a letter for ourselves. Telling a lawyer what to write is the same as you writing it, unless of course, you get an affidavit declaring your job responsibilities. The only thing I see that could make this a problem is that anyone could go and get an affidavit when they don't fulfill a certain requirement.

Now, on appendix A, it does say that if you cannot get a letter from your current employer then you could do something (I can't remember what it was). Maybe you should do the same as those people who can't get a letter from their current employer and think in that direction. Maybe what you are doing with a lawyer is what they do as well (i just don't know).

Good luck.