+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience letter - employer issues

Knight_Toto

Sep 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hi all. I'm working on getting my experience letter from my company and it's turning out to be a bit complicated.

To put it shortly, I have 3 different NOCs I'm using for the different jobs I've had at the same company in 4 years. Originally, HR told me I can create a template and they will verify my roles and responsibilities with the department heads/my previous managers and give me the letter. Now they're saying they will only write what's in my JD - anyone with a shred of common sense knows JDs are usually very limited/inaccurate and the actual work is very different.

For example, I was transferred to my current role at a much higher level and there's really no JD for it since I sort of built it myself so I can't use the JD for the lower level position as that would be a different NOC.

My question is, if I get my HR to just give me a letter with the general stuff (hours worked, compensation, benefits, etc.) and maybe just my current role's responsibilities - can I just list the responsibilities for the other roles in a LoE? I've ready many posts from applicants where their employers won't even give them a proper letter - so in those cases, applicants submit LoEs, etc. Does that work? Would love to hear from anyone that got this approved successfully for their application.

Lastly, how bad is it to have to change one of your NOCs post-ITA? My HR is being a bit ridiculous about one of the positions I've held even though my previous manager is vouching for me. This is NOT my primary NOC - but is that still an automatic rejection?

Thank you for any insights!!