+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Letter (date of issue)

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
I collected my work experience letter, but the date of issue is not printed, it's just written by hand next to my employer's signature by my employer himself. Will this be an issue? Also, this job is not a current job.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I collected my work experience letter, but the date of issue is not printed, it's just written by hand next to my employer's signature by my employer himself. Will this be an issue? Also, this job is not a current job.
Get him to hand write date next to signature. Date is always important.

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
It's fine.
Hey again!
My experience letter mentions that I worked 40 hours per week full time for a year and a half because I really did work 40 hours per week. Will this be an issue since recently I have been seeing they don't count above 30 hours per week?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hey again!
My experience letter mentions that I worked 40 hours per week full time for a year and a half because I really did work 40 hours per week. Will this be an issue since recently I have been seeing they don't count above 30 hours per week?
It means that your length of experience will not increase if you have worked more than 30 hours per week. So your 40 hours will not increase your experience to 2 years , it will remain 1.5 years only

One the other hand if someone has worked less than 30 hours per week, the length of their experience will be calculated and reduced accordingly as part time experience.

So it should not bother you

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hey again!
You can work 100 hours a week - that's your choice. They just don't count above 30 for the purposes of CEC calculation as that's the amount stipulated under Canadian law as meeting the threshold of full time work.

Reactions: forqueries

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
You can work 100 hours a week - that's your choice. They just don't count above 30 for the purposes of CEC calculation as that's the amount stipulated under Canadian law as meeting the threshold of full time work.
Thank you so much!! Okay I just have one last query regarding work experience letter. I worked as Teaching Assistant for the elementary section. My work experience just mentions that I worked as 'teaching assistant for Grade 2', it doesn't specifically say elementary section. Although in the school website it says that elementary section is considered from grade 1-5. My concern is the letter just says Grade 2, the immigration people will understand, right?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Thank you so much!! Okay I just have one last query regarding work experience letter. I worked as Teaching Assistant for the elementary section. My work experience just mentions that I worked as 'teaching assistant for Grade 2', it doesn't specifically say elementary section. Although in the school website it says that elementary section is considered from grade 1-5. My concern is the letter just says Grade 2, the immigration people will understand, right?
What matters the most is what is your NOC and what duties and responsibilities they have mentioned in your letter ?

Designation just gives an idea, visa officer cannot decide your eligibility in basis of designation

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
What matters the most is what is your NOC and what duties and responsibilities they have mentioned in your letter ?

Designation just gives an idea, visa officer cannot decide your eligibility in basis of designation
I see...yes. I do have an appointment letter as well stating that I will have to report to the Primary school coordinator which basically means the supervisor for the elementary section, and I will provide that appointment letter along with the work experience letter so hopefully it won't be an issue.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I see...yes. I do have an appointment letter as well stating that I will have to report to the Primary school coordinator which basically means the supervisor for the elementary section, and I will provide that appointment letter along with the work experience letter so hopefully it won't be an issue.
Appointment letters are of not much use, tell me if your experience letter has your duties mentioned in it ? Yes or no?

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
Appointment letters are of not much use, tell me if your experience letter has your duties mentioned in it ? Yes or no?
Yes it has duties mentioned in it and it matches most of what is mentioned for NOC 43100 (Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Assistants).

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Yes it has duties mentioned in it and it matches most of what is mentioned for NOC 43100 (Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Assistants).
That is excellent, you really don't need to worry at all , more over Grade 2 is mentioned as you said so that is your plus point although even if it was not mentioned it was fine

I don't see any reason for visa officer to get confused.

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
That is excellent, you really don't need to worry at all , more over Grade 2 is mentioned as you said so that is your plus point although even if it was not mentioned it was fine

I don't see any reason for visa officer to get confused.
Thank you!