+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience (foreign)

balaravi91

May 21, 2017
Hi everyone,
I would be so happy if anyone could give me some ideas regarding this.
how many years of foreign work experience is needed to accquire direct ITA to Ontario assuming I have scored 8777 in ielts..
I have worked in one company in India for 4month as a contractual employee but it is a full time-temp job role,where I worked 40hours per week .from the period of Dec 2014 to April 2015. (total exp 4month)

2 month break

got another job offer and accepted it,at another company lets say company B .from july 2015 - till present im holding that job..so totally it is 2.7yrs of experience..
I think of quitting my current job and try to develop my skills meanwhile I work out my way to canada,but worried My experience will be problem ..I also heard from one consultancy person saying I needed 3years or 3+ years of work experience from the current/same job to get ITA to Ontario. so please help me out guys..should i continue my current job for other 4 more months to complete my 3yrs of experience or its not mandatory?

I would really appreciate if you could help..!!

Thanks
Bala

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
1. Stop listening to BS consultant and do your own homework. Starting here.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html
You may qualify for FSW under EE with at least one year of continuous full time work experience in the past 10 years

2. There's no such thing as direct ITA to Ontario. ITAs are issued by federal government to EE candidates. Ontario issues NOI to candidates in EE pool under Provincial Nomination Program. Again do your homework here if you are interested in moving to Ontario
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE.html

Reactions: balaravi91

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Can you produce letters from your past and current employers that attest to this experience in the required format? One year experience is sufficient to qualify but generally not sufficient to get an ITA. You will need to prove the 3 years of experience. The 3 years need not be from the same job, but you need experience letters.

balaravi91

May 21, 2017
Can you produce letters from your past and current employers that attest to this experience in the required format? One year experience is sufficient to qualify but generally not sufficient to get an ITA. You will need to prove the 3 years of experience. The 3 years need not be from the same job, but you need experience letters.
Yes,I have my experience letters.
Past work experience that is(4months) with company A.
and in addition to that I will get my current work experience too when i relieve from my work.
And i have supporting documents as well,such ad payslips,mentioned my job responsibilities ,work hours,ctc etc.
I pass in the eligibility for express entry,but what I heard from others is,4month work experience wouldnt be considered,as minimum 6month of work is only validated as experience .And if i quit my current job where I have 2.7yrs till now will be still considered as 2yrs .so i did a calculation with some available CRS calculator and apps i found .and found that,if i have solid 3yr exp..I get a CRS score of 444 whereas if i apply 2yrs to check,I get a score of 419 only which is very low for ITA draws.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You don't have to quit your current job, a letter from the current employer will be required though. It will not be rounded down to 2 years, in fact it is rounded up to the number of months. What NOC category does your job fall into?

balaravi91

May 21, 2017
You don't have to quit your current job, a letter from the current employer will be required though. It will not be rounded down to 2 years, in fact it is rounded up to the number of months. What NOC category does your job fall into?
it falls under the cateogry of skilled worker.
skill level type- B