+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience for Express Entry

HoomanA

Mar 1, 2021
Hello all,

I want to apply for the express entry, but I have a question regarding my work experience.

I completed my bachelor's from 2010 to May 2015, I started working as an intern for a year and then promoted to the entry-level project manager from Mar 2012 to May 2014. After that, I went to another company from May 2014 to July 2016 as a full-time construction site manager. both of these experiences were in Iran.

Then I started my Masters of Construction Management at the University of Southern California in the USA in 2018 and finished it in May 2020. I start working as a full-time intern for a Construction company from Feb 2020 to July 2020 and then hired as a full-time project engineer for 7 months.

I am wondering how many years of my work experience will be accepted as a requirement for the express entry program.

I would really appreciate your help.

Warm regards,
Hooman

HoomanA

Mar 1, 2021
For Federal Skilled Worker program, you need at least 1 year of continuous work experience and your NOC code must be of the Skill Level A, B or 0.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html
Thank you so much for your response.
My NOC is 0711.
If it is an internship does it consider one year or not? and if I was working will studying, would they take this into the account?