+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience for Atlantic immigration program Eligibility

Jessica9588

Aug 27, 2024
Hi
I understand that within the last five years, I must have accumulated at least one year (1,560 hours) of work experience in my main occupation. Currently, I am employed as a seafood processor (TEER 4) with an AIP-designated employer.
However, my previous work experience includes 8 months as an accounts payable clerk (TEER 4) and 8 months as a parts clerk (TEER 4).Given that my previous roles are not directly related to my current occupation, I’m unsure whether I can use this one-year work experience towards my AIP application.
Does anyone please confirm if my previous work experience would be considered valid for the program, or if I need to accumulate one year of experience specifically as a seafood processor?

Thank you!

albertalbert

Jun 26, 2022
Yes, its valid, but take a look on the new immigration rules about TFW lmia related. Since the employers not longer can provide 2 years or more contracts/work permits, remember than applying in a TEER 4 a permanent (no date of expiration) employment job offer is needed. So...

Canadian (politics) are so stupids that they first make laws or PR pathways and then they come up with another laws or pathways that contradict or affect the first ones...